Scallop Hunt - Semi-Private 6 Passenger Vessel - Crystal River
- Продолжительность: 5 час. (прибл.)
- Код предложения: 6paxscallop
You'll find top-notch scalloping just north of Tampa in the Crystal River area — an area surrounded by natural beauty that can only be found on the Florida Coast. The Crystal River is fed by over 100 springs before it pours into the Gulf, creating one of the best scalloping spots in Florida! Surrounded by some of the richest grass beds in the Gulf of Mexico, Crystal River has an abundance of wildlife that won't be found in the more crowded areas of Florida.
Searching for scallops is so much fun it has made Citrus County a world famous destination for this unique and satisfying activity. Our Master Captain will lead your group to the Gulf of Mexico for nearly 5 hours of salt water delight! Take a leisurely day out of your hectic vacation and relax with confidence on our comfortable boats. Nestled in the shallow grass beds off the Crystal River, scallops spawn in summer and then reach the end of their life cycle. These delicious morsels are just waiting to be someone's dinner!
Come for the scallops, stay for the manatees! Around 40 manatees call this river system home in the warmer seasons, so sightings are quite common. Birds, turtles, an assortment of fish, dolphins and otters also make appearances for lucky visitors! Many people will scallop one day, stay overnight then do a manatee tour as well. While you are here, you might as well soak up all the adventure! So if you love wildlife and want to collect some scallops, there's no better place than the Crystal River and no better guide than River Ventures and Safaris!
- Tours depart daily at 7am and 12:30pm
- 5 hour adventure
- Everything you need is included; license, mask, snorkel, fins and bag for your catch
- Master Captain leads the way and an in-water guide is available for an additional fee
- Bottled water included; bring snacks or refreshments as desired
- Semi-private group; never more than 6 per boat
- $85 per person; with a minimum of 3 required
- Also available for larger groups, or private charters
This tour DEPARTS from River Ventures - Crystal River 498 SE Kings Bay Dr.