Spirit of the Springs
- Duration: 75 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Homosassa, Florida
- Product code: springspontoon
As the fresh clear spring waters flow to the Gulf of Mexico wildlife and history abound! Called the ‘Blue Waters’ by locals and visited by thousands every year, this is a destination you don’t want to miss while in Citrus County! Many species of fish, both fresh and salt, enjoy the 72 degree water and don’t forget this is a favorite winter home of the endangered Florida manatee.
First we cruise through ‘downtown’ Old Homosassa near the shrimp and crab boats of local fisherman. Watch the pelicans and cormorants welcome them and their catch! Then we pass Little Bird Island which is a small nesting and roosting area for the Great Blue Heron, Anhingas, White Ibis and more. In the cool months we often see our friendly giants, the manatee, on this river cruise. Bring the whole family as this is the most affordable tour we offer!
* Available 7 days a week, all year round
* Approximately 75 minutes from start to finish
* USCG Captain narrates and answers questions
* Bottled water provided complimentary
* Please call for booking if within 24 hours.
* 3 participants needed to run this tour