The Gulf Discovery Tour
- Duration: 105 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Homosassa, Florida
- Product code: gulfpontoon
Bring the whole family for a tour done ‘Homosassa Style’! What does that mean? Well, Homosassa is a very special place , filled with friendly, quirky people, and an Old World fishing village feel. Things move just a bit slower here, and that relaxed pace translates to less worries along the way!
The word ‘Homosassa’ comes from the Seminole and Creek Indian languages and means ‘place where the wild peppers grow’. From the Wildlife Park and Monkey Island, to the Crab boats and local fisherman, this unique village is a gem on the Nature Coast. Learn about the history of the area while the wildlife around you will amaze!
Running 7.7 miles from the headsprings to the Gulf of Mexico, you may see dolphin, manatee, turtles, alligator, otter and a huge assortment of birds. The Homosassa River is technically an estuary, changing from salt water to freshwater gradually, which means it is teeming with both fresh and salt water fish!
Tricky to navigate, especially around the infamous ‘Hell’s Gate’, this is the best way for an inexperienced boater to take in the sights of the river all the way out to an open view of The Gulf of Mexico.
* Available 7 days a week, all year round
* Approximately 105 minutes from start to finish
* USCG Captain narrates and answers questions
* Bottled water provided complimentary
* Please call for booking if within 24 hours.
* 3 participants needed to run this tour